Business Analyst part of the Software Development Team
The Software Development team consists of Software Developers, Software Testers, and a Technical Lead.
The team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Jaama’s software products.
Reporting into a Development Team Leader, the Business Analyst is responsible for understanding and documenting customer requirements, representing the customer throughout the software development life cycle.
The role involves travelling to Jaama’s customers.
- Understand the industry requirements of Jaama’s customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by Jaama’s product range
- Understand and document customers’ requirements for new or modified functionality, including acceptance criteria
- Work with User Groups to define and prioritise feature requests and scope service packs
- Act as a customer proxy during the software development life cycle, liaising with developers and testers throughout (including solution design, issue triage and handovers)
- Ensure any modifications to standard software products consider the needs of, and are suitable for, the entire customer base
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing with customers
- Understand the implications of changes on budgets and timescales, make cost/benefit judgments, and set customers’ expectations
- Share information and transfer business expertise across the team and throughout the business
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business
Skills & Experience
- At least two year’s commercial experience as a Business Analyst in a Software Development environment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Fleet/Leasing industry experience.
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector.
- Experience in a true agile delivery environment (Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD).
- Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Quick learner
- A logical thinker
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work alone and with other people
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about technology
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking