Business Development Coordinator
Sales Department Overview
The Sales team currently consists of three field based Business Development Managers and one office based Business Development Coordinator. The Sales team is fully responsible for turning leads generated by the Marketing team into sales orders. Each Business Development Manager also has an allocated set of accounts they are responsible for managing, in addition to managing their sales pipeline.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, and supported by senior members of the team, you will become a key member of the department, responsible for arranging appointments for the Business Development Managers whilst ensuring the data we hold about clients is regularly updated. This role is an integral part of helping Jaama continue our sustained period of sales growth. Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm however out of hours work and occasional stays away may be required for exhibitions and client meetings.
- Support the sales team to achieve the departments objectives.
- Assist BDM (Business Development Manager)’s in preparation for sales visits and demonstrations.
- Liaise with relevant departments to understand the product suite, develop sales ideas and new initiatives to increase sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing team and Business Development Managers to manage campaigns and refine our approach to increase sales appointments.
- Make an appropriate number of sales calls to achieve a pre-defined appointment target.
- Maintain, develop and engage contacts on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, with a view to creating sales opportunities.
- Convert leads from the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database to appointments for the sales team, ensuring the data is accurate.
- Quickly learn the product suite and its key features and benefits.
- Become proficient in all elements of the role; from lead conversion through to arranging qualified sales visits for the BDM’s.
- Aid in data analysis and producing insight into Jaama’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Source and communicate hot topics and news stories that may align with Jaama product benefits.
Skills & Experience
- Base knowledge of sales process & principles.
- Motivated to make outbound sales calls.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience of seeking out contacts and building new relationships.
- Outstanding levels of communication across all media.
- Comfortable when liaising with all types of people, and adapt your approach as each situation dictates.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Well presented, professional and able to articulate ideas.
- Experience in using Microsoft CRM.
- Proven track record in internal sales / sales team coordination.
- Entrepreneurial approach to work challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A strong resilient character with a focus on achieving results.
- Adaptable, versatile and a naturally gifted communicator.
- Understands the importance of software to businesses.
- Must be well presented and professional.
- Confidence, charisma and a positive attitude to challenges.
- Professional, mature approach to career and personal development.
- Demonstrates commitment to developing job and product knowledge.
- Superb initiative and aptitude to learn.
- Highly driven individual.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking