JAAMA’S KEY2 FLEET SOFTWARE SCOOPS TOP ‘TECHIE’ AWARD
A string of developments by leading fleet management software company Jaama to its market-leading Key2 Vehicle Management system has seen the company win a top award from industry magazine and website BusinessCar.
Key2 Vehicle Management won the Best Fleet Management System in the 2011 BusinessCar Fleet Technology Awards - known as the ‘Techies’. The awards recognise suppliers whose stand out use of technology makes fleet operations ‘cheaper, green, safer and more efficient’.
Paul Barker, editor of BusinessCar, said: “Jaama’s Key2 Vehicle Management system impressed the judging panel with its breadth of offering across driver risk management and driver information functions. Continual improvements to a highly rated system, such as the Road Fund Licence online renewal addition and electronic submission of expenses and benefits to HM Revenue & Customs meant Jaama’s system stood out as the best in a competitive category.”
‘Techies’ recognition continues Jaama’s award-winning success, which has seen a number of honours from the Institute of Transport Management over the past seven years including year being named ‘Best UK Fleet Software Company’ for the fifth time last year and Fleet Technology Company of the Decade (2000-2010), and the company achieving ‘Reader Recommended’ status for the third consecutive year in 2011 from the readers of trade fortnightly Fleet News and its sister titles Fleet Van and Small Fleet Review.
To date Jaama has invested more than £6 million in its on-going development of Key2 Vehicle Management to meet a wide cross-section of fleet and driver management requirements.
The return on investment generated from software - both financial and administration/time savings - by customers means that Jaama is the most recommended fleet software system available and wins the largest and most significant fleet contracts in the UK.
More than 600 customers running fleets ranging in size from just a handful of vehicles to many thousands of cars, light commercials and HGVs as well as plant equipment have introduced Jaama’s Key2 Vehicle Management system to meet their requirements.
Customers include: AK Worthington, Amey, Azzuri, BCA, British Transport Police, Chelmsford Borough Council, DHL International, DHL Supply Chain, iFleet, Luton Borough Council, MITIE, Norse, Ogilvie Fleet, Prohire, Serco, SIG Group, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Steria and The Co-operative Group.
The continuous programme of Key2 innovation has most recently included:
- Launch of a third generation Electronic Driver Services module, which is both a risk management tool and a driver information portal. It risk profiles company car and ‘grey’ fleet drivers and provides employers with a complete audit trail of driver and vehicle-related documentation. It now includes a fuel benefit and mileage reimbursement calculator.
- Driving licence checking upgrades that enables the populating of driver information obtained from the DVLA into existing third party online systems such as those operated by HR departments.
- The electronic submission of expenses and benefit information to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Launch of an online road fund licence renewal service following the development of a new online Road Fund Renewal Licence platform by the DVLA. It is available as a module within Key2 software or as a standalone service.
- The introduction of a vehicle check and defect reporting system (Defect Manager), which is largely targeted at commercial vehicle operators.