Jaama – a privately owned and well-funded B2B fleet technology company which is going from strength to strength – is eager to recruit another Software Project Manager into the growing Implementation Services Team due to significant contract wins and market growth.
Working within the Implementation Services Team, the Software Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget and within scope. This includes planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of highly configurable software projects. They ensure the successful completion of all software projects and also oversee the people performing work on the projects.
The successful candidate will work directly with customers to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will also coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are clear and unambiguous.
Working with the Implementation Services Manager, the Project Manager will prioritise resource to deliver software enhancements that form part of the project in line with other project deliverables.
Project Manager part of the Implementation Services
The Implementation Services Team consists of Project Managers and Project Consultants. The Implementation Services function is responsible for providing software implementations to a high standard within agreed timescales, budget and scope.
Reporting into the Implementation Services Manager, you will be a key member of the project delivery team working on package application implementations.
Delivery of the product encompasses both Project Management, of both internal and external stakeholders, as well as a significant amount of consultancy setting up the system and assisting with the customers change management in implementing the solution.
You will need to be a self-starter, willing to work hard and be able to fit in well with a small team. You will responsible for the successful delivery of projects based on both internal and client metrics.
- To ensure that projects are delivered to time, budget and quality.
- To track and report project costs and time spent, highlighting deviations from agreed tolerance.
- To engage with all levels of internal/external stakeholders using agreed and known communication standards.
- To understand the customer’s system requirements to enable Jaama’s software systems to be appropriately configured and successfully implemented.
- To actively carrying out the majority of a system implementation and configuration on customer sites.
- To train users (both super users and day to day system users) in the product as it has been configured for them.
- To ensure the project scope is well defined and deliverables are clear and unambiguous.
- To provide technical/functional documentation in agreed formats, both for internal and external customers.
- To develop realistic and achievable project plans in line with customer requirements, available Customer Project resource and complexity of the project.
- To effectively plan and schedule project resources.
- To manage Jaama’s and the customer’s project tasks, and actively monitor and mitigate project risks, issues and dependencies.
- To proactively manage projects on a day-to-day basis. Including consistent professional communications to a variety of levels of business stakeholders.
- To prepare project status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- To work closely with the commercial team to ensure commercial success.
- To prioritise and work with the Implementation Services Manager to deliver software enhancements that form part of the project in line with other project deliverables.
- To effectively manage changes to the project through an agreed change process.
- To ensure effective project conclusion, including handover to operational support, and ensure lessons learned are recorded.
- To identify opportunities for increasing customer satisfaction.
- To identify opportunities for additional business with clients.
- To identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
Skills & Experience
- Proven and demonstrable experience in delivering client facing mid to large (£50-500k, 6 – 18 month) complex projects.
- Have experience in delivering end user system training.
- Have experience in customer business process analysis and requirements gathering.
- Have experience in delivering package software implementation projects – including configuration of systems.
- Have experience in delivering custom development software projects.
- Be competent with project planning using Microsoft Project.
- Excellent client facing skills and experience to ensure relationships are kept strong.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all business levels.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions and decision makers.
- Have a full clean driving license.
- Worked within the fleet/leasing industry.
- Experience of change management, both internally and externally.
- Be familiar with fleet, leasing and rental software.
- Be familiar with accounting software.
- Prince2 Practitioner Certified.
- Microsoft SQL query writing exposure.
- Database reporting experience.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes: initiative, resourcefulness and a passion for providing structured project delivery along with established communication and technical skills. Diplomacy, composure, good judgment, the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and the ability to build a rapport with customers is a key feature of this role.
- A natural ‘plate spinner’.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Self-starter / high initiative.
- A keen interest in technology and software systems.
- Thorough, understands the importance of having a process to follow.
Jaama is a fleet, leasing and hire management software and driver risk services company. As a certified Microsoft Gold® development partner, Jaama uses the latest technology to provide customers with greater integration, control and automation. It brings innovative fleet, workshop and driver management software and driver licence checking to fleet operators, contract hire and leasing companies.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking