Software Development Team Manager
Software Development Overview
The Software Development department consists of multi-disciplinary teams of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Software Testers who work together to design, implement and maintain Jaama’s range of software products.
The Software Development Team Manager will manage one of Jaama’s development teams.
This role is focused on people- and project- management; the role does not require technical/coding skills, but does require experience of software engineering patterns and practices. You will manage, motivate, and develop individuals into a highly performing team by ensuring the team has the skills and behaviours to achieve its goals; you will develop performance and talent by ensuring team members are equipped to achieve success within their roles.
You will need to plan and allocate resource to multiple concurrent projects and workstreams. You will manage the team to deliver project commitments, highlighting impediments in good time for them to be resolved and project brought back in line. You will provide regular transparent updates to project managers and stakeholders.
- People management, including recruitment, induction 1-to-1s, appraisals, personal development reviews, performance management, approving timesheets, leave requests, absence management. Identify skills and training needs. Getting the most out of individuals, mould them into a highly performing team.
- Project/resource management. Delivery projects to meet budgets and deadlines. Ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Management reporting, including team metrics/KPIs such as SLA compliance and lead time
Skills & Experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven experience successfully managing software development teams and projects
- Familiarity with both waterfall and lean (Agile/Kanban) methodologies
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Strong client, project sponsor and stakeholder relationship skills
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A person with drive, energy and a proven ability to plan and build a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work alone and with other people
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about technology
- Adopting best-practice guidelines, and influencing and implementing continuous improvement for processes and systems
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking