At Jaama, understanding our customers businesses, their needs and working in partnership to develop solutions is an integral part of our culture. Due to an exciting phase of phenomenal product and market growth, Jaama is eager to recruit a talented and experienced Software Tester into its well-funded, B2B fleet technology company.
Software Tester – part of the Software Development team
Reporting into the Development Team Leader, Software Testers are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of Jaama’s range of software products. Their extensive product knowledge makes them a point of reference for other team members.
Our Software Development teams consist of Business Analysts, Software Developers, Software Testers, and a Technical Lead. The team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Jaama’s software products.
- To test modifications to Jaama’s products to ensure they are fit for purpose, consistent and compliant with published standards and guidelines. You will ensure modifications are fully regression testable and delivered on schedule.
- Translate functional requirements and specifications into documented test plans, cases and steps.
- Rigorously plan, write and execute test scripts.
- Perform manual regression testing.
- Creation and maintenance of test data, tools and scripts.
- Execute test plans manually and conduct manual functional and exploratory testing.
- Understand the industry requirements of Jaama’s customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by Jaama’s product range.
- Complete testing in line with agreed timeframes and by following the documented business processes using the appropriate test management and automation tools.
- Identifying issues, risks and dependencies during testing then escalating and managing where appropriate.
- To provide product handovers to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Evaluate testing tools.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business.
Skills & Experience
- At least two year’s commercial experience testing client server (Window) and Web applications (ideally in a .net-based environment).
- Practical and systematic approach to testing.
- Fleet/Leasing industry experience.
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector.
- Exposure to Microsoft Test Manager.
- Proven experience in a true agile delivery environment (Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD).
- Basic coding/scripting skills (VB.net/C#).
- Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline.
- Ability to write simple SQL scripts to create and manipulate data.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attribute:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Quick learner.
- A logical thinker.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work alone and with other people.
- Attention to detail.
- Passionate about technology.
Jaama is a fleet, leasing and hire management software and driver risk services company. As a certified Microsoft Gold® development partner, Jaama uses the latest technology to provide customers with greater integration, control and automation. It brings innovative fleet, workshop and driver management software and driver licence checking to fleet operators, contract hire and leasing companies.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking