At Jaama, understanding our customers businesses and their needs whilst working in partnership to develop solutions, is an fundamental part of our culture. Due to an exciting phase of phenomenal market growth and product development, Jaama is eager to recruit a talented and experienced Technical Consultant into its well-funded, B2B fleet technology company.
Working closely with the team of Customer Experience and Business Development Managers, the Technical Consultant role is an integral part of delivering an excellent and progressive customer experience. As a technical resource and subject matter expert, you will become a vital part of Jaama’s continued success, and support your colleagues in delivering tangible results to our valued customers.
Our product offering is progressive in nature and our customers’ needs are ever evolving. The vast majority of Jaama Customers have been using our flagship Key2 Vehicle Management application and ancillary systems for many years. Key to success in this role is maintaining expertise and awareness of product features, identifying common evolving client needs and a natural ability to seek solutions.
Technical Consultant part of the Sales team
Reporting into the Head of Business Development, you will be a key member of the Sales and Account Management team delivering exceptional customer experience through the application of technical systems expertise.
Experience in supporting complex system landscapes, the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels – within both Jaama and our client base, and an insatiable appetite to get to the heart of a challenge is crucial to truly deliver exceptional outcomes.
You will be a self-starter, willing to work hard and be able to fit in well with a small team. You will responsible for the successful delivery of action plans with a clear view of return on investment.
- Support the Sales Team in pre-sale activity such as software demonstrations and preparation of tenders.
- Support the Customer Experience Managers with customer growth activity, such as software demonstrations and recommendations.
- Promote the use of and reliance upon Jaama products throughout each customer department.
- Support the creation and distribution of documented action plans to deliver tangible business benefit to customers.
- Recommend best practice use of Jaama products and services.
- Manage customer expectations and liaise with Jaama stakeholder groups to deliver positive change.
- Update customer experience managers and sales managers with latest product innovations and company news aligned to each client’s needs.
- Work collaboratively with Jaama Customer Experience Managers and Business Development Managers to deliver long-term value to customers.
- Build a strong understanding of each prospective clients business need and forge relationships with different user types, influencers and decision makers.
- Reflect on customer interactions, interrogate client needs and recommend, prioritise and align Jaama product direction based on feedback.
- Provide clients with product usage advice and guidance based on experience and system knowledge.
- Provide technical insight and clarifications on tender responses.
- Ensure communication is practical and relevant.
- Provide updates and detailed product release information.
- Proactively seek to learn new features and functionality, whilst considering the use case for new and existing customers.
- Disseminate knowledge throughout the wider team to help with the overall product knowledge and appreciation of new features.
- Present and demonstrate product functionality to colleagues, new, and existing clients.
- Understand our customers business needs and provide solutions that overcome their challenges.
- Understand the direction of the industry and how they are reflected in the business requirements of our clients.
- Understand the operational software needs and requirements of clients
- Support the Customer Experience Managers to deliver customer development strategies and ensure clients challenges and priorities are met.
- Distil technical documentation and translate development terminology into content that is easily consumable by non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Provide feedback from clients to the Product Manager and Product Design Manager to ensure that Jaama’s product offering is market-leading and meets the ever-changing industry-specific requirements.
- Support account review opportunities and related product demonstrations within the Customer Experience Team.
- Capture customer feedback timely and in written form.
- Support and capture customer change requests and input into the wider Jaama team to align customer objectives with the product enhancements requested.
- Ensure clients are aware of the full range of our products and services and identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling to increase customer system utilisation, working with colleagues to exploit any identified opportunity.
- Actively review and share product enhancement ideas as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- 7 years of related professional experience.
- Proven relationship management capability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience supporting projects or new business activity as a technical lead, liaising with clients and Business Development Managers to demonstrate simple solutions to challenging business needs.
- Aptitude to prioritise accordingly and manage customer expectation.
- Engage with both clients and peers – negotiating effectively to deliver win-win outcomes.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate large complex tasks with excellence, effectively planning and prioritising to tight deadlines.
- A critical thinker – able to provide options and solutions for challenging circumstances.
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Awareness of the link between customer satisfaction and its impact on continued commercial success.
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn – self-reflective and motivated to improve.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, and an aptitude to seek advice and guidance from peers.
- Resolute commitment to continuous improvement; seek and act on feedback.
- Applicants should have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite. Experience of SQL Databases and other applications built on the Microsoft technology stack would also be advantageous.
- First-hand experience using Jaama products and services.
- Graduate (preferably IT related), experience in similar pre-sales or technical consultant role.
- Worked within the fleet/leasing industry and familiar with fleet, leasing, rental software.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attribute:
- A robust analytical approach with the ability to present solutions.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and an ability to deliver structured presentations within defined durations.
- A natural ability to build trust.
- Commercially aware and recognise the value of credibility in long-term customer relationships.
- Understand business requirements and translate and align these quickly with product feature set.
- Diplomacy, composure, good judgement and the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
- Act in a professional manner, representing the company in the best possible way.
- Work to maintain and enhance the corporate standards within Jaama and contribute to raising Jaama’s profile across our expanding customer base.
- A professional, mature approach to career and personal development.
- To show initiative and commitment to developing job and product knowledge.
Jaama is a fleet, leasing and hire management software and driver risk services company. As a certified Microsoft Gold® development partner, Jaama uses the latest technology to provide customers with greater integration, control and automation. It brings innovative fleet, workshop and driver management software and driver licence checking to fleet operators, contract hire and leasing companies.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking