Jaama, the UK’s leading fleet and asset management software solution provider, has reported a record year with turnover up 22% from 2017.
Jaama, which is moving into its 15th year, attributes its success to consistent year-on-year investment in Key2 which ensures the system is always at the cutting-edge of fleet and asset management.
Indeed, revenue generated from Jaama’s ever-increasing customer base enables it to continually increase its year-on-year investment programme into Key2.
Jaama customers can manage a wide spectrum of assets with Key2; last year new customers were slightly biased towards commercial vehicle operations with 63% of vehicles added being vans and HGVs. Key2 also benefits organisations operating in asset hire, vehicle hire and leasing, utilities and service industries as well as the public sector markets.
Martin Evans, managing director of Jaama, said: “2018 was a record-breaking year in terms of revenue generation for Jaama and notably the company recorded significant growth in the commercial vehicle management sector.
“Critically Jaama is being rewarded for its investment in Key2 which evolves alongside the requirements of its customers. Many of our new business wins are being secured as fleets ditch outdated systems from suppliers that have failed to invest in their products. Meanwhile, system enhancements - developed with customer assistance - ensure established clients remain loyal.”
Product enhancements in 2018 included further investment in Jaama’s industry-leading and award-winning ‘MyVehicle App’, which delivers unprecedented levels of efficiency and integration to fleet software that is unique in the marketplace, while also helping employers meet their driver and vehicle compliance obligations.
Furthermore, Jaama, a Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) validated IT supplier, has:
- Launched a DVSA Earned Recognition Scheme Key2 module that enables commercial vehicle operators to create, store and manage compliance data along with interfacing with the Agency.
- Introduced new Key2 functionality enabling users to utilise the data available following last year’s introduction of the vehicle emissions and MPG protocol, the Worldwide harmonised Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
- Launched a Compliance Manager module, which is essentially a centralised asset event management area. Compliance Manager includes workflow to manage the receipt of associated compliance information, which is also stored against the associated asset.
- Aided Key2 users’ compliance with last year’s introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by providing customers with the tools to obfuscate data based upon criteria selection within a new rule builder.
- Added a Tyre Data Import module enabling systemised validation of incoming tyre costs against pre-agreed costs matrices to ensure correct charging for tyres.
Mr Evans said: “Key2 and ‘MyVehicle App’ are revolutionising vehicle and driver management and significantly reducing burdensome manual tasks. Our vision, along with our customers, is the paperless office and we are chipping away all the time with the digitalisation of documentation.”
Last year Jaama expanded its workforce by 37% and now employs 120 people. Many of those additional employees have been recruited into software development but the company has also bolstered up the customer relationship management and customer services areas of the business. That’s because Jaama recognises that first class customer service is always a prerequisite alongside a fantastic product in order to provide a world-class customer experience.
Mr Evans said: “Jaama is firmly focused on investing in Key2 to ensure it remains industry-leading. Customer support is then equally important to help clients drive maximum efficiencies through their use of the innovative asset and driver management solutions we continue to develop.
"Therefore, Jaama is currently further improving its support mechanisms to ensure successful implementation and that post-implementation help is easily accessible and aligned to its ever-growing customer base."
Mr Evans concluded: "The fleet industry is continually evolving and so will Jaama. A fleet’s chosen software provider must be able to deliver a highly sophisticated, modern, online system, and be fully focused on continuous functionality improvements and providing an excellent customer experience. That remains Jaama’s goal in 2019 and beyond."