Software Development Overview
The Software Development department consists of multi-disciplinary teams of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Software Testers who work together to design, implement and maintain Jaama’s range of software products.
Reporting into one of the Development Team Leaders, software developers are responsible for designing, developing, modifying and maintaining Jaama’s range of software products.
To become a key member of the Development team you will need to have strong development skills, be hard working and be able to fit in well with a small team.
- To understand the industry requirements of Jaama’s customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by Jaama’s product range.
- To propose and assess solutions to design problems, including identifying and evaluating new technologies and third-party components.
- To develop software according to published standards and guidelines, including coding standards and user interface design guidelines.
- To support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyse and correct identified defects within established service level agreements.
- To develop software to meet requirements / specifications in accordance with the development schedule.
- To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements.
- To interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests within the established service level agreements.
- Take part in solution designs.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business.
Skills & Experience
- At least three year’s continual commercial experience developing Windows Forms applications in C# or VB.Net.
- Good working knowledge of T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server (2012 onwards) and relational database design.
- Ability to write and optimize T-SQL queries.
- Good working knowledge of Object Oriented programming practices and design patterns.
- Understanding the principles of unit testing.
- Fleet/Leasing industry experience.
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector.
- Knowledge of Entity Framework.
- Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline.
- Experience of unit testing and automated testing practices.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Quick learner.
- A logical thinker.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work alone and with other people.
- Attention to detail.
- Passionate about technology.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking