We are Hiring a Software Developer
At Jaama, understanding our customers businesses, their needs and working in partnership to develop solutions is an integral part of our culture. Due to an exciting phase of phenomenal product and market growth, Jaama is eager to recruit talented and experienced Software Developer into its well-funded, B2B fleet technology company.
Software Developer – part of the Software Development team
The Software Development department consists of multi-disciplinary teams of Business Analysts, Software Developers and Software Testers who work together to design, implement and maintain Jaama’s range of software products.
Reporting into one of the Development Team Leaders, software developers are responsible for designing, developing, modifying and maintaining Jaama’s range of software products.
To become a key member of the Development team you will need to have strong development skills, be hard working and be able to fit in well with a small team.
- Understand the industry requirements of Jaama’s customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by Jaama’s product range.
- Develop software according to published standards and guidelines, including coding standards and user interface design guidelines.
- Propose and assess solutions to design problems, including identifying and evaluating new technologies and third-party components.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests within the established service level agreements.
- Take part in solution designs.
- Develop software to meet requirements/specifications in accordance with the development schedule.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business.
- Provide mentoring for team members.
- Perform code reviews.
- Support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyse and correct identified defects within established service level agreements.
- Investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements.
Skills & Experience
- Proven commercial experience developing Windows Forms applications in C# or VB.Net.
- Ability to debug large, multi-solution, multi-layer projects.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft SQL Server (2012 onwards), relational database design and performance diagnostics.
- Ability to write and optimize SQL queries.
- Good working knowledge of Object Oriented programming practices and design patterns.
- Understanding the principles of unit testing.
- Version and source code management.
- Knowledge of Entity Framework.
- Experience of working in Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience of unit testing and automated testing practices.
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Quick learner.
- A logical thinker.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work alone and with other people.
- Attention to detail.
- Passionate about technology.
Jaama is a fleet, leasing and hire management software and driver risk services company. As a certified Microsoft Gold® development partner, Jaama uses the latest technology to provide customers with greater integration, control and automation. It brings innovative fleet, workshop and driver management software and driver licence checking to fleet operators, contract hire and leasing companies.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Including company car and cycle to work
Company Funded Events
Social committee, Monthly lunch, Christmas events.
25 days’ annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays. This increases the longer you have worked at Jaama.
Flexible Working Opportunities
Company Pension Scheme
Employee and employer contribution.
Free Onsite Parking