Fleet Management Seminars
Are you new to fleet management or need a refresher on current legislation and best practice for running an efficient and effective fleet operation?
The whole area of fleet management can be daunting for all fleet professionals, especially if you are new to the role, have ‘acquired’ the day to day running of the fleet as part of your responsibilities or are trying to adjust to the difficult economic climate we are currently faced with.
In addition we recognise that operators of smaller or employee owned (grey) fleets do not always have the luxury of a full time dedicated fleet manager and often new legislation, best practices and cost savings can be missed.
Tuesday 3rd November 2015 Jaama Head Office, Tamworth M42, J10
All training workshops are priced at:
- £295+ VAT per delegate
...including all course documentation, policies (usually priced at £120) and refreshments.
The seminar will begin with:
- 9.30am registration
- 4.30pm - conclude with an open question and answer session
Lunch is included and refreshments are served throughout the day.
Our one day training is aimed at:
- fleet professionals
...or anyone who has the responsibility but not necessarily the experience or specialist knowledge of running a fleet of vehicles, or professionals who require an update on new legislation, a refresher on best practice and new developments and a crash course in effective cost management and reduction associated with managing a fleet of vehicles.
Fleet Management Essentials cover hot topical areas such as Grey Fleet Management, Salary Sacrifice and Drivers Licence Checking.
In addition, during the day you will also learn to:
- identify the costs associated with running a vehicle fleet and how to effectively control and reduce them
- identify the key performance indicators and how to effectively report on your fleet
- choose and manage your suppliers
- identify the features and benefits of different fleet acquisition methods e.g. contract hire, owned, eco schemes, long term/short term hire etc.
- identify which taxes affect your company and your drivers
- understand the environmental impact of your vehicles and what can be done to reduce it
- understand the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 and how it affects your business
- understand the phasing of the act and when certain aspects become/became law
- understand the Driver CPC legislation and what your business needs to do
- identify health and safety legislation and what policies and procedures need to be in place to actively and effectively manage your duty of care
- identify documents that are essential to running a fleet e.g. P11d, SORN, MOT, V5 etc
After the training you will be able to apply best practice to manage and control your fleet - both cost and time effectively, as well as understanding the external influences affecting your fleet and the impact your fleet has on the environment.
During the workshop you will receive:
- A sample fleet policy template
- A sample driver handbook and handbook template
- Workshop documentation • HSE Driving at Work; Managing Work related Road Safety guidelines
- ROSPA guidelines including Safe Journeys, Mobile Phones, Safer Speeds, Vehicle Technology, Drink and Drug policies
- Driver assessment and training guidelines
- A copy of ‘Do the Maths - How to calculate whether you should lease or buy
Upon receipt of your booking we will send you confirmation notification. Payment for you seminar place(s) will fall due the earliest of 14 days from your booking date or within 7 days of the seminar event.
A full cancellation refund will be offered if you request one in writing within 7 days of your booking date. You may substitute delegates at any time providing you notify us prior the event.
Your booking is subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel or change the conference but in the unlikely event of a cancellation by us you will receive a full refund.
Our registration requires users to give us contact information (name, email, and postal address) and demographic information (postcode). Contact information is used to process your booking and to send you information about our company. Under no circumstances do we sell or pass your details to other organisations. If you do not wish to receive further information, please let us know.
We are always looking to provide the highest possible quality products and levels of service. You may be asked to rate our performance and we may from time to time publish this information in our promotional literature.