Instantaneous licence checking and a slick driver on-boarding process is an essential part of Pertemps (one of the UK’s largest recruitment agencies) day-to-day operations; working in partnership with its customers and offering technological solutions to serve their requirements is what Jaama is all about and this has culminated in Jaama launching ‘Licence Portal’ – currently being rolled out across Pertemps branch network.
Jaama has an established electronic driver entitlement checking service (eDECS) which seamlessly links with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency’s database, to validate individual’s driving licences. Many of Jaama’s customers carry out licence checking using their multi award-winning Key2 fleet and asset management system which provides them with a holistic picture of their driver risk and fleet management operation.
Licence Portal however is a comprehensive SaaS driver-centric licence validation and management solution which is fully maintained by Jaama including upgrades/new features and operates as a standalone portal.
At the core of Licence Portal is a dashboard – effectively a central hub which has the following features:
- Once set up, the service runs itself with minimal interaction as the system automatically checks driver licence details at customer defined predetermined intervals dependent on individual driver risk.
- Obtaining consent from drivers has never been easier, driver checking approval can be obtained efficiently either via electronic eDeclaration through the use of devices such as personal computers or smartphones or alternatively drivers can also complete and sign a paper mandate.
- Upload digital tachograph driver cards and Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification cards relevant to individual drivers.
- A permit to drive can be produced once a successful check has taken place for drivers to confirm that they are valid to drive.
- Drivers can be allocated within organisations’ structures.
- Access control enables user access to be restricted by organisation structure which means that each location can operate independently and head office users can have a holistic view of all record.
- A wide range of informative management information relating to the status of drivers’ licence records is delivered to authorised staff within a simple dashboard.
- Monitor drivers’ risk levels – ‘low’, ‘medium’ or ‘high’ – according to points on their licences.
- Run driver licence exports through a direct link to Microsoft Excel.
- Licence Portal can also interface using API’s with other internal programs such as employee on boarding systems.
Pertemps has more than 110 branches and specialist agencies as well as staff operating as implants at clients’ sites – some 260 locations in total – with each effectively functioning as their own entity. Pertemps is using Jaama for licence validation on not only almost 1,000-company car and ‘grey fleet’ drivers, but also thousands of agency drivers, including HGV Class 1 drivers, working on behalf of many of the UK’s best-known blue chip companies.
Over the years Pertemps has expanded its pool of agency drivers who all have DVLA validation checks undertaken at branch level. Having undertaken checks on each driver, Pertemps is confident in the validity of their drivers’ licences when supplying those people to a third party for employment.
Fleet IT support manager Tim Stokes, who oversees the licence checking procedure, said:
Pertemps initially piloted Licence Portal at its Redditch and Greenford branches involving about 300 drivers and Mr Stokes said:
“The solution has been very well received by our employees undertaking driver licence checks. The Licence Portal dashboard provides a real-time overview of licence status, the number of checks carried out – everything that is required including driver history.
“Jaama has developed Licence Portal which meets our requirements for high volume driver licence checking verification against the DVLA database. Administratively it is very efficient.”
Martin Evans, managing director of Jaama, said:
“Pertemps is a business that has a requirement to validate driving licences of its own employees as well as agency drivers. Our standalone licence checking solution is ideal for an organisation just needing to check driver risk which is perfectly aligned to Pertemps agency drivers’ requirements.”
“Licence Portal is designed solely for managing driver risks with an easy-to-use format and information displayed on a straightforward dashboard.”
“If businesses only require a licence checking/ driver risk then the new Licence Portal is for them. Our customers who carry out licence checks along with managing their fleet and assets will continue do this within our Key2 solution.